Desert Foot Conference Policy Changes
It has been an honor and a privilege for PRESENT e-Learning Systems to have managed the Desert Foot Conference for over a decade and to be a small part of the high quality continuing education for podiatrists in the VA.
PRESENT e-Learning System’s goals in designing the Desert Foot Annual Multi-Disciplinary Limb Salvage Conference have been to provide a high-quality academic conference that our profession can be proud of that enables participants to improve their patient outcomes. It is the policy of the Desert Foot Conference to uphold the highest and most ethical standards of education and to preserve and protect the integrity of all of those who attend our conference. We would like to inform you of policy changes to the Desert Foot Conference and clarify our existing policy so that you can make an informed decision to attend this year’s conference.
The education is reviewed by an educational committee under the direction of the Conference Chairmen and taught by the top key opinion leaders from the most respected teaching institutions in the country. Our large faculty teaches evidenced-based and best practices for healing the lower extremity, with the ultimate goal of improving patient outcomes.
Dr Robert Frykberg, who has been the chair of the Desert Foot Conference for the past fourteen years, has decided to step down and retire from his position as the Chairman of the Desert Foot Conference. This year’s conference will continue under the shared direction of three conference chairmen, Drs Charles Andersen, Lawrence Lavery and Lee Rogers.
The following policy changes have been implemented for the Desert Foot Conference to fully satisfy VA policy:
- All attendees will be required to pay a $99 registration fee to avoid the perception that some attendees are receiving a discount or gift
- VA employees will be required to obtain prior written approval before being accepted to participate as faculty
- No honorarium payments will be provided for any participation by VA faculty
- The abstract/poster session will no longer be awarding cash prizes. First, 2nd and 3rd place winners will be recognized and awarded certificates during the award ceremony in the main Lecture Hall
- There will be no gift cards or monetary awards given out
Existing Desert Foot Policy includes:
- Exhibitors are not permitted to take any attendee out of the conference during conference hours
- Attendees and exhibitors meeting before or after conference hours are to abide by the VA policy and their own company’s policy on ethical behavior
- We meticulously follow the CME/CECH/CE standards of the Council on Podiatric Medical Education (CPME), the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME), and the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
We look forward to seeing you at the next Desert Foot Conference for another great educational experience to improve patient outcomes.
PRESENT e-Learning Systems